The flavor of these were great. No butter and no oil. I was skeptical. It was a new recipe that I sort of made up but combined two different recipes. These were moist, had great texture, and very banana-y. Next time I don’t plan on baking them for so long because I thought I may have dried them out a little too much but regardless these were amazing and I highly recommend you try baking this!
Banana Bread in a Jar
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon extract (Note: I’m sure you can use either cinnamon applesauce or ground cinnamon)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 medium bananas, mashed
- Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray glass jars with cooking spray.
- Combine whole wheat flour, all purpose flour, brown sugar, and baking soda in a medium bowl.
- In a large bowl place bananas, cinnamon extract, vanilla extract, beaten eggs, and applesauce and mix. I like to leave it a little chunky so I can get some nice banana chunks
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir just until everything is moistened. You don’t want to overmix.
- Pour batter into jars. Approx 1/2 cup per jar. You do not want to overfill these bad boys or it will flow over and leave a mess everywhere. Wipe down the inside of the jar if you had any batter on the side of the jar during pouring.
- Place in the oven for approximately 30-35 minutes or until toothpick/knife comes out clean.
The batter was pretty thick. I ended up spooning it into jars. Yes I didn’t have four 12oz jars so I had to use an extra big one to balance it out.
They’re great for gift giving! They store up to 3-5 days on the table covered with lids.
Hope you enjoy!