Thanks for all the encouragement on yesterday’s post! I’m trying to focus on the positive:
- It’s only 16 weeks
- I don’t have to pursue a career in Nursing
- Fall semester ALWAYS seems to go quicker than spring semester
- I’m only at the hospital (that gives me a panic attack and makes me cry) 16 times
- Once I get into it my nerves will go away and I’ll be fully focused and back on track
- It’ll give me something to do during the day.
Speaking of actually doing something during the day, I didn’t do much yesterday -It was a complete rest day. I did however bake some cookies!
I used this recipe from How Sweet It Is. I only made half the recipe and substituted 1/2 whole wheat flour and chocolate chips (we had no mini M&Ms) . I’m really regretting my decision on only making half of the batch. These cookies have the texture of a the softest fluffiest cookie you were ever bite into, every bite is filled with mini chocolate chips, and overall they’re delicious.
I didn’t bother making too many substitutions because I wanted a cookie. A real cookie. It’s worth it :)
Oh yes I also made these: Puppy Chow/Muddy Buddies/Monkey Munch whatever you call them.
The recipe I followed was:
- 1/2 cup sunflower seed butter (you can use any kind PB, AB, Cashew Butter – whatever floats your boat)
- 1 cup chocolate chips, cacao nibs – again any kind of chocolate
- 9 cups of rice chex
- 1 cup powdered sugar
I heated the Sun butter up in the microwave with the chocolate, mixed in the rice chex so they were all covered up with chocolate, then put powdered sugar in a bag and dump the rice chex mix into the bag and shake! Then place in the fridge to firm up. Enter deliciousness.
Question: Whats your favorite type of cookie?
Have you ever used the slow cooker/ crock pot?